Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Synchronicity

I appear downtown as I escalade up the stairs from the subway and  I am all of the sudden submerged in people and cars of all kinds rushing by, going where they need to go, and I'm early for school. My headphones are ringing an ephemeral sound only made by Radiohead and I look up at the buildings, and to my delight I see the American flag moving in slow motion to the song drumming in my ears. The wind had just enough strength to move the flags, but in a flow that was mesmerizing. I couldn't stop looking... 

And I thought... what is so special about this moment? And it was pure synchronization that I couldn't wrap my fingers around. The people were moving fast, but the flag was waving just my speed. The music was matching the salute of America, and it was beautiful. 

It was a moment of grace, a moment where nothing mattered, where the world around me was working together to a tune only known by me, and perhaps the Creator. 

Is that what it was like in Eden? Perfection, in sync with the ultimate Creator? Where wind, trees, light, sound and even humans were all working for the good of those around them? 

Is that what the new Kingdom will bring? 

The definition of synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are casually unrelated  occurring together in a meaningful manner. That moment when I looked up to see the flags waving in a slow motion to the beat of my music was pure synchronicity... 


Grace and Peace 

No comments:

Me.

My photo
Chicago
I like to dance all night, and some of the day.