Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

world. wide. web.

Lifechurch.tv begins in
0 DAYS 0 HRS 3 MIN 13 SEC

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET CAMPUS---
"LOBBY EXPERIENCE"
"MIX AND MINGLE"
"LOBBY CHAT"

I even get to choose what band I want to worship to pre-sermon! Forget Podcasts... this is legit internet use at its finest.

And I wonder...Does this really do what a church is supposed to do? Does it encourage people to not go to church? I wonder what kind of people are on this thing... people like me, because I'm on it... caught in my own thought. Crap. I am a participant, aren't I? Ugh, now they have my email address, I knew I should have chosen the anonymous option.

Millions of these questions evade my mind as I begin my first World Wide Web Live Church Service.
5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1..........

I'm officially in, with a note taking section, an option to see who is sitting in your row, and the ability to chat with others in the same situation. Cool, a chat room only different.

Now comes the live worship, I secretely wish I could skip forward to the sermon, but they will not let me and I'm all of the sudden glad they won't... and my heart is slowly broken.

I imagine people at a house church in China, woshipping together, learning together, in a place where they can't worship God wherever they want, or even in a church.
Do they even have the internet?
The simple things we take for granted, like going to church on Easter Sunday... and having access to the world via one small device that sits in most of our homes.

I am humbled and thankful for lifechurch.tv. If you haven't been... you should check it out, it's wild, and real, and hopefully shows the love of Jesus to those who normally wouldn't step foot on the grounds of church campus.

Apprently church is a big theme on my mind these days, which is curious since I haven't been in a while...

No comments:

Me.

My photo
Chicago
I like to dance all night, and some of the day.