Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Designer Shades, just to hide my face.

Cooler than me?

Likely.

In fact, I often laugh at myself when "coolness" gets in the way. Now I'm not saying I'm cool at all, quite the contrary. If I was cool, these thoughts would not cross my mind... I'm pretty sure cool people don't think about being cool?

Anyways, that happened to me today... I took form over function.

I knew I was going to get my annual Black Friday pedicure at the mall with my dad and brother. Usually I forget to wear appropriate clothing and always end up having to wear those disposable flip flops that break within 5 minutes of walking in them, then I have to either ruin my pedicure by putting my converse back on or walk around barefoot, and barefoot inevitably wins... which is usually awkward and decently embarrassing for both me and other people in the mall.

But not today, today would be different, I thought as I eyed my old Birkenstock sandals, I choose to think ahead. And so I slip on my skinny jeans, ready to seize the day, only to realize that these are the worst possible pants ever to wear when getting a pedicure. I would sit in the chair, attempt to pull up my pants to place my feet in the spa, and struggle to at least get them above my calf.  But ultimately, I decide I don't care. I choose to look cool, in my skinny jeans, and risking the highest satisfaction of my pedicure.

Form over Function.

Today, my rational side just couldn't take over. I'm afraid it's becoming all too habitual for me these days...

No comments:

Me.

My photo
Chicago
I like to dance all night, and some of the day.