Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bond?



I think I might watch too much TV... or perhaps I am overly affected by media. I am sitting at a coffee shop, attempting to focus and work on my thesis... minding my own business. A dramatic Michael Bublé began to dance in my ears, and a man with a black bow tie on a tuxedo shirt, long trench coat, and black gloves walks in, and catches my eye. His hair is slicked back, and he begins to reach in my pocket. And all I can think, as he scopes out the room for his target (or probably just somewhere to sit), is surely he has a gun in his pocket. Why else would a man in a tuxedo shirt walk into a coffee shop with black gloves on and his hand stuck in his pocket?And now he keeps switching seats. For the third time. His position is now locked in the back of the room, where noone can sneak up behind him, and his eyes are focused on everyone. He has no coffee, no book, just himself.


So my imagination is fierce these days. Perhaps it is all of the kids I have been hanging out with lately. But why am I so suspicious of a man alone with nothing to do? What is it about people being "still" that I can't handle? Why isn't he doing something my mind squeals. Well he isn't, and that is fine with him. If only I could be still. If only my mind would rest, and I could be content not doing. Maybe it should be a goal for me this week. Not doing.

No comments:

Me.

My photo
Chicago
I like to dance all night, and some of the day.