Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44

Currently watching the Inauguration, and just got my first glimpse of Obama. I can't help but wonder what he is thinking, feeling. He is getting ready to take our country into his hands, and our country is a mess!

As he walks down the steps, he has a curious smile on his face, one not to show too much elation and just enough poise. The entire mall is going nuts, record amounts of people cover the strip leading up to the white house.

Rick Warren prayed and the whole world heard him pray to our God and Father in Heaven. Yaweh, Jesus, Immanuel--God with us. One thing that Warren said stuck with me, " When we think that our prosperity is ours alone, forgive us."

I pray that as Obama walks up to the plate, with God's grace upon him, he will humbly seek the good of our country, of our world, and of God's creation. That Obama will not let the enemy of pride overcome him, but that God will protect him and be incredibly close and audible.


Let all those who love justice and love mercy say AMEN.

No comments:

Me.

My photo
Chicago
I like to dance all night, and some of the day.