Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008



I just want to do Hoodrat stuff with my friends...

Me too.. I want to things because they are fun, because it's fun to do bad things, right?

Thanks for your honesty, Laterian.

I want to do hoodrat stuff with my friends, bad things are fun, aren't they? I want to party all night, I want to rebel, I want to do what I want, when I want.. just like Laterian.

But... it's not going to get me where I want, is it?

What is it about doing hoodrat stuff with our friends? Is it really about what we do? Or is it about who we are with? Hoodrat stuff wouldn't be that fun alone... do you think Laterian would have wanted to drive so bad if his friend that smoked cigarettes wasn't there? I don't personally want to do things like keg stands alone...

I tell you, I've done hoodrat things with my friends, been out all night to tell absurd stories upon waking in the morning and savored each moment my friends and I say remember that night... but I've wanted to take a few back as well.

I have also done hilarious things that would not necessarily fall under the category for hoodrat... like camping in sketchy spots in the woods, driving around all night until the sun came up, making sweet jorts, driving home 12 hours in just one-piece swimsuits... all because I was with friends. And these glimpses, though not quite hoodrat or rebellious, were just as satisfying if not more (because of the moral hangover perhaps) than the others.

It's all about fellowship, being with people, doing things together. We long for people to share life with... to rejoice with, to mourn with. God has given us friends not to tear us down but to lift us up, to spur one another on, and to straight up enjoy life.

No comments:

Me.

My photo
Chicago
I like to dance all night, and some of the day.